Post Likes

Issues with Trane RTU

I have a trane WSD240E4RNA03H0B0A1B compressor failed.. Replaced compressor and Pulled Vacuum using triple evacuation method pulling down to 500 microns. Weighed in factory charge of R-410A. New compressor is flooding with discharge temp fluctuating between 118 and 140 degrees. both suction and liquid pressures slightly fluctuating. Any ideas on what could be going on im thinking maybe wrong orifice size waiting on trane tech support as we speak

Post Likes
    Well, check everything that's related to air flow. Including blower running backwards. If that's okay , you're overfeeding....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icy78 View Post
    Well, check everything that's related to air flow. Including blower running backwards. If that's okay , you're overfeeding....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yes I completely agree just not sure why considering it has fixed metering device I'll probably go pull gas out and inspect orifice tommorrow

Post Likes
    Is the compressor the correct size and running in the correct direction? The orifice size is based on how much refrigerant you are pumping. If you are pumping LESS than it was designed for, then you aren’t likely to evaporate all of the refrigerant and you will flood back.
    Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Political Correctness is forced on you because you have forgotten decency.

Technically speaking, they are all heat pumps.

Post Likes
    It's a scroll compressor it is running the right direction I'll double check size since I didnt order it or install it myself but i will go onsite tommorrow and see one of our other techs installed it

Post Likes
    I'm surprised you don't have a TXV?

Post Likes
    Found issue piston was installed backwards

8. Likes icy78 liked this post