Post Likes

Confused WCIS and Windows 10 Pro issues

Hello,

I have a new computer and running windows 10 pro. I'm able to connect to devices directly(HMI) but when i try to connect using a wireless network(using wireless router to connect to TC and all devices connected on BACnet) I am unable to see the field devices only the controller(TC). When i go in to discover devices I don't see any of the networks populate. My colleagues are all running windows 7 pro and have had no issues. We like to connect this way for doing mass downloads. I seen the latest WCIS release supports windows 10 pro so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chad

Post Likes
    Do you have the latest WCIS release? Also, is it 64 bit compatible?

The easiest solution is probably to get a laptop running Windows 7 Pro and the software that runs at the processor's capability (probably 32 bit).
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

3. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the reply, yes I downloaded WCIS 4.2 at 64bit. I'm hoping their is a way to continue using this computer. My last resort would be changing the operating system to windows 7 Pro as I don't want to carry two computers if I don't have to.

Post Likes
    Wireless � Enabling Wireless Communications Between WCIS and TECs (Using TLX Tool)
    By Richard Devathala, Field Support

To wirelessly connect WCIS to a TEC through TLX, perform the following.

Start Hyperterminal by selecting Start > Programs > Accessories > Communications > HyperTerminal.
    Set the communications parameters to 38400 bps, 8 data bits, no parity stop bit, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.
    Set the channel and ID on the TLX to match those of the FLNX of the TEC that you want to connect to.
    Press ENTER and wait until the TLX prompt (>) displays.
    At the TLX prompt, type JOIN if the TLX does not automatically join the PAN of the channel and ID that was set.
    Type SCAN and allow the TLX to collect the network list.
    Type CONNECT FLNX x
    where x = TEC address/drop, or the EUID of the FLNX attached to the TEC).
    On the HyperTerminal CALL menu, click Disconnect to free the computer’s COM port for APOGEE tool use.
    Start WCIS.
    NOTE: After the connection is made, the TLX baud rate changes to 1200 baud to better accommodate P1 communications. The baud rate will return to 38400 if no P1 messages are sent between WCIS and the TEC for 60 seconds, or if the TLX is manually reset by disconnecting and then reconnecting its power.

If you have any specific questions regarding this subject, please call Field Support.

Post Likes
    I just did a quick search on infolink and found that....not sure if that will help or not. We hardly ever do wireless stuff at my branch.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray7129 View Post
    the TLX baud rate changes to 1200 baud to better accommodate P1 communications
    Dear god, that's like Morse code speed. Brutal...
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chadb33 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, yes I downloaded WCIS 4.2 at 64bit. I'm hoping their is a way to continue using this computer. My last resort would be changing the operating system to windows 7 Pro as I don't want to carry two computers if I don't have to.
    You are in the same boat I am.
    Some stuff you'll have to use an older OS, I have some tracer jobs that hate win 10, they'll respond better to my old Dell running XP than a system running win 10.
    I'm on the hunt for a new laptop myself.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk