Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    By the fact that suction line is freezing by the condenser I would think severely overcharged due to restriction, low airflow or both.
    x2

Post Likes
    I think pecmsg has hit the nail on the head:

The last time I saw something similar, I found the evaoprator completeley blocked, the evap coil cold which caused the txv to stay closed. low suction pressure, high subcooling, elevated disharge pressure. ice on the evap coil. Multiple techs before me had added refrigerant to bring up the suction pressure.

One tech before had convince the owner the TXV had gone bad, the iceing, he believe it to be stuck open TXV causing flooding of the evap. it would take about 10 days to get the parts. I started to clean the evap and he just watched all the crud come rolling out of the fins. The owner was pretty good about replacing the filters but they were pretty bad filters. I removed the charge and found it to have 12 pounds too much refrigerant compared to the name plate charge of about 20 pounds.

Finished cleaning the evap, tightened the loose evap fan belt and put the right charge back in. Machine worked just fine. Took more than 2 hours with a garden hose to get the evap coil clean. (package unit outside otherwise it would have been a real pain to clean if it was inside) Told him to cancel his expensive TXV replacement

3. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    I think pecmsg has hit the nail on the head:

The last time I saw something similar, I found the evaoprator completeley blocked, the evap coil cold which caused the txv to stay closed. low suction pressure, high subcooling, elevated disharge pressure. ice on the evap coil. Multiple techs before me had added refrigerant to bring up the suction pressure.

One tech before had convince the owner the TXV had gone bad, the iceing, he believe it to be stuck open TXV causing flooding of the evap. it would take about 10 days to get the parts. I started to clean the evap and he just watched all the crud come rolling out of the fins. The owner was pretty good about replacing the filters but they were pretty bad filters. I removed the charge and found it to have 12 pounds too much refrigerant compared to the name plate charge of about 20 pounds.

Finished cleaning the evap, tightened the loose evap fan belt and put the right charge back in. Machine worked just fine. Took more than 2 hours with a garden hose to get the evap coil clean. (package unit outside otherwise it would have been a real pain to clean if it was inside) Told him to cancel his expensive TXV replacement

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    hello techs, I worked on a york 15 ton 2 stage split unit,condensing unit shutting off on high head pressure,after monitoring operation am getting 52degree subcooling seems like over charge but it's not cause my comp amps are below rated,also my suction pipe by the condensor is freezing, & not by the airhandler any idea what could be wrong I think it's a clogged drier? any directions would help I will provide unit nameplate & pressure, temp reading. thanks
    york M#H4CE180A25A
    S# (S)NOK6893108
    R22
    lowside: 50psi
    highside: 330psi slowly rising
    suction pipe temp 35
    liquid pipe temp 88
    O.D temp 94°
    S.A 55-54
    R.A 70
    Restriction - case closed.
    HVAC Magician @ UA Local 638

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Yes! But where?

nytech28, have an update by any chance

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Yes! But where?

nytech28, have an update by any chance
    the update is,the customer said they got another company & they powerwashed the condensor coil & know it's working fine.its hard for me to believe because if it was head pressure problem due to condensor being dirty, I would've known that I even washed the coil with garden hose just to be sure coil is clean,the customer also mentioned that,the other company advised to add additional condensor,that's the report I got & sharing with you guys.

Post Likes
    How does washing the condenser and lower head pressure raise suction pressure? Or did they wash both coils?

Post Likes
    the only thing that was mentioned to me is powerwashing the condensor coil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234