Post Likes

Circon BACnet discovery tool and 520

Anyone see the Circon BACnet discovery tool? Seems very fast. New 520 controller is a nice step too I think. I'm wondering what the LON guys do with the purchase of Echelon. Guess we see it here, but they hung that IP port on it, so that was a good move.
    Last edited by kontrolphreak; 08-04-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Post Likes
    I have not, it will be interesting to see what happens with that purchase. While I like a lot about BACnet and it's getting better, still believe LON was the better setup, too bad it was poorly managed.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    Anyone see the Circon BACnet discovery tool? Seems very fast. New 520 controller is a nice step too I think. I'm wondering what the LON guys do with the purchase of Echelon. Guess we see it here, but they hung that IP port on it, so that was a good move.
    Nothing but the truth - you can keep editing, but it's more a bad reflection on you than anyone else.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    I have not, it will be interesting to see what happens with that purchase. While I like a lot about BACnet and it's getting better, still believe LON was the better setup, too bad it was poorly managed.
    It was politics. A lot happens with politics. Happens on this thread... which is my own. The newer BACnet objects for lighting.... it's getting more LON every day.

Post Likes
    What do you mean getting more LON everyday?
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Look at the new lighting objects and BIBBS. So much for just having simple analog and binary and complaining about SNVT types.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    yes, I have seen their setup/discovery tool, it is pretty quick, has pretty decent override options/interface. Mainly meant for their controllers but also works decent as a generic tool.
    I think most multi protocol manufacturers will just have different versions of their products as long as an install base exists and demand is there for whichever protocol.
    Look at industrial guys, same controller manufacturer could have Modbus, devicenet, profibus, etc.