Post Likes

Oil to Natural Conversion

Completed this job this week, going back once more for equipment startups and connecting the main to the meter once it is set (We do not know when). This job was unique because they have solar hot water, which was fed to the cold side of the tankless and isolated so either could be bypassed. It was also one of my bigger installs where the entire gas line was installed and contracted a Electrician for panel upgrade, A/C circuit and outside outlet. Used a 1.25" main and worked my way down. AHRI GSX 16 Seer 3-Ton Matched with a GMEC 2 Stage 80K ECM Furnace.

Helpful comments are always appreciated as I am always looking to improve even though I need to work on reducing time as well.

2. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoskins View Post
    Completed this job this week, going back once more for equipment startups and connecting the main to the meter once it is set (We do not know when). This job was unique because they have solar hot water, which was fed to the cold side of the tankless and isolated so either could be bypassed. It was also one of my bigger installs where the entire gas line was installed and contracted a Electrician for panel upgrade, A/C circuit and outside outlet. Used a 1.25" main and worked my way down. AHRI GSX 16 Seer 3-Ton Matched with a GMEC 2 Stage 80K ECM Furnace.

Helpful comments are always appreciated as I am always looking to improve even though I need to work on reducing time as well.

Everything looks great. Just another example that the install makes the job. Not the equipment.

Post Likes
    Looks good.

I would strongly recommend you install an acid neutralizer setup on the condensate drain of that Navien.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We don't like combining 3 products into 1 3/4" PVC pipe but if a short run, should be OK. Otherwise pretty sharp looking.

We drain 90% furnaces in pumps all the time. Is there something about the demand water heater that puts out more acid or something?

Post Likes
    I have worked on a lot of Naviens recently and their condensate is quite acidic compared to the furnaces it seems. I have seen it eat through a copper pipe. Obviously PVC is of little concern but where is that condensate ending up? Could damage something else down the line.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    I have worked on a lot of Naviens recently and their condensate is quite acidic compared to the furnaces it seems. I have seen it eat through a copper pipe. Obviously PVC is of little concern but where is that condensate ending up? Could damage something else down the line.

I appreciate your response, My previous company never used them and I had no experience with them. Actually very little experience with tankless as well, like baldloonie said, furnaces never seen to be a problem...with that said the instructions were pretty specific, install a condensate neutralizer. I definitely dropped the ball on that one.

Post Likes
    The job looks really clean. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk