Post Likes

York -YK chiller surges frequently

Greetings to all Pros and members.
    I have York YK chiller surges frequently during daily operation.
    I attached the operating data for more help also attached the order information.
    I know when pros read the operating data will notice that the internal ambient temp., converter heat sink temp.and phases heat sink temp. are high and I repaired this when I cleaned the strainer and the coolant heat exchanger. The condenser situation let me say in July last year 1917 washed. I'll be thankful in advance for your tips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Likes
    When were the condenser tubes cleaned last? If recently how did they look?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The condenser cleaned in July 2017 and I haven't opened to see the tubes.
    I just want to be sure that the problem is the cond. to open it.
    Thanks Tyler

Post Likes
    Those small temp difference numbers seem very high. I would check flow on both condenser and evaporator. Also, when have the tubes been cleaned last? That will cause high approach. High approach causes a higher ∆P across the compressor and causes surge.
    Edit: Just realized most have that has already been said... Took me a few to post. Looks like evap tubes are dirty too..
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

5. Likes MAH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Once a year the condenser head should be pulled at least to inspect and clean tubes depending on runtime and location. A small temp of that temperature on the condenser will cause your surging. Do you have tower strainers that could also be limiting flow?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Likes MAH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Both the condenser and evaporator Small Temp Diffs should be in the region of 0.8 - 1.4 C under normal operation. The evaporator STD could be due to low refrigerant charge also, if you manually lower the level control while the chiller is running at a constant stable condition you will transfer more refrigerant from the condenser to the evaporator and you should see the Evaporator STD come down. You could also set up the trend screen to log every 3-5 seconds looking at Condenser Liquid Level, Evap STD, Condenser STD, %FLA, Vane Position and Frequency . If the evaporator STD drops down when you lower the Condenser Level Control from 50% to 30% (50% should equate to 1/2 sightglass in the condenser) then you have a shortage of refrigerant in the evaporator, but yes your Condenser STD is high too , this could be scaling in the tubes, debris in the condenser water or aeration of the water , maybe the tower level is low and vortexing air into the system.

9. Likes MAH liked this post