Post Likes

Groen TBD20 - Some advice needed

Hi,

I bought this Groen TBD-20 at an online auction for a small commercial kitchen I am setting up. I got it really cheap so I knew I couldn't expect too much. It's pretty dirty but nothing a good clean won't fix. I managed to gather that it is a 1974 model, so it's had it's fair share of work. It does heat up, but I didn't push it further than to make sure it works.

Doing a bit of research I can see that the newer models have a completely different water-check glass and pressure meter. I'm confused because the meter on this system does not show a vacuum, which I understand is necessary. How can this be? How does one fill this water???

Also, are spares still available for this model, because I definitely need a new glass tubing as you can hardly see through this one.

It might not be worth fixing, in which case I will junk it and keep the pedestal. Any advice would be most welcome

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Unfortunately this site is geared toward industry professionals and not DIY. I would suggest emailing pics of the unit to Groen and see if they can help at all (manual or parts). Then I would email pics to your service company and have their most seasoned tech come take a look at it. You could possibly salvage the unit but likely it’s junk.

That looks like a fun little project. Good luck.