Post Likes

Attack of the Hacks

We tore this beauty out this week to replace it with a modern 14 SEER system. This lady paid one of the local guys around 2K to fix this 1991 POS. She got a new compressor, fan motor and 407C refrigerant. As you can see the hack replaced the compressor with an oversized compressor (3 ton HP), tore out the 1/2" discharge line and muffler and replaced it with 3/8" and didn't bolt the compressor down. But he did go as far as installing and HH filter drier.The first and fourth picture is the same job. The middle two pics are from another carrier that we replaced. A hack installed a new compressor in that one years ago and decided that the filter drier belongs where the muffler should go. The gray stuff is the filter material that we were able to wash out of the liquid line.Name:  IMG_2542.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  119.7 KBName:  IMG_2535.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  85.2 KBName:  IMG_2537.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  63.5 KBName:  IMG_2543.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  75.1 KB

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Too bad your customer had to waste $2,000 in the first place. 2 Grand to fix a heat pump condensing unit good money going after bad. Good call getting that all out of new equipment. Did you put nice modern thermostat to go with it too lockout the electric strips on warmer days? I love the Honeywell redlink makes it so easy not like the old days

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    We use the Aprilaire 8448 thermostats when people want a simple, modern thermostat.

Post Likes
    York was installing driers in the discharge lines years ago. The first time I started a brand new unit I called them and they said yes that is correct. Not sure if any other manufacturers were or still do.

Post Likes
    For that kinda bread ide have cleaned out the leaves and replaced that accumulator also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Should a smoked those leaves before buttoning it up. That's what be wrong with it.

9. Likes dbacmc liked this post