Post Likes

HVAC in Ohio, between Cincinnati and Dayton

I'm wondering about HVAC jobs in Ohio, Cincinnati / Dayton.

What are the hours like? What's the pay like? Are there a lot of job opportunities?

20 years installation experience in water heaters, split systems, ductless systems.
    10 years service experience in those too
    5 years managing both install and service dept but strength is definitely installation not service

I've been doing this for 20 years (I know the above doesn't add up, I just did a lot of things at the same time so like, year 1-10 install, 11-15 install/service, 15-20 both plus management) and am only 36.

I'd be fine with any of those jobs, not really looking for management position but I'd sure take it if there was one.

Anything you think might be interesting for someone to know who would be moving from California to Ohio? I've been in the area a lot I just don't know what the HVAC industry is like. Ideally I'd like to live in Xenia, Ohio and work somewhere around there or in one of the cities if traffic isn't bad.

This is a super long term so I'm not looking for job offers just trying to decide how feasible it is and where I'd be able to live and buy a house, which would be based off of how many hours / how much I make per hour. So I can make a decision eventually.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Lots of jobs. Residential or Commercial?
    If you're looking in the Cincy/Dayton area alot of companies do work in KY and they have a enforced licensing requirement that you will have two years minimum before you can even test.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Residential service/install and commercial install. I can do commercial service but not refrigerators. Just split systems or package units. I can wing refrigerators and freezers I just have very little experience.

Post Likes
    Sent you an email

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    UA is dying for people. That is where I would start.

If your not looking union, then every shop in Dayton is hiring. Traffic in Dayton is not bad. Worst part will be driving home 35 at the end of the day, that gets pretty backed up.

If you have the experience you say you should be able to walk into any shop and have a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes JeffWil liked this post