Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    What is the AC unit p/t & ambient temp & what is the air temp going into the economizer? Now, don't nit pick me here,when was the last time the AC cond coil was de-greased and it took a good hour to do it?

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    https://www.google.com/search?q=make...i7COEG3pMJYYM:

Good design practice dumps raw outside air right at the hood.

Post Likes
    First the right answer - do a load calculation and air flow balancing. That will take a REALLY good tech or a good engineer. Both are in short supply.

Now for a usable answer - balance the air flows into the building and the exhaust fan flows. It is almost NEVER right on restaurants. the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code allows not more than 10% less makeup air than exhaust air. Hood manufacturers will design for 20% as a starting point. Some are even worse. That 10% difference has to be made up thru the outside air on the air conditioners.

Economizer don't do any cooling unless the outdoor conditions are cooler than the desired space conditions. The bigger the difference between outdoors and indoors them more cooling you can get. So use that to your advantage to "calculate" the cooling you need. Is there an outdoor temperature that keep the kitchen comfortable when all the cooking equipment is operating??? Use the air flow and temperature difference to calculate how much more cooling you need. Use the formula kW = 1.08 (Tin - Tout) to calculate kW then convert that to tons. Google the conversion factor. (like https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...kw-to-ton.html)
    If "I have always done it this way" is a good reason to do it again, how many times do I have to do something wrong - before it becomes right?

5. Likes DavidDeBord, stat liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123