Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
    Ah, ok the repair man told me that it was ECM. .
    An X13 is an ECM, who said it wasn't? Here's what I found
    "Both variable speed and X13 motors are ECM or “Electronically Commutated Motors”, This just means the DC power that drives them is electronically switched from positive to negative. Both are more efficient than the typical PSC motor with ECM motors commonly being about 80% efficient and PSC being about 60%".
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue".

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    An X13 is an ECM, who said it wasn't? Here's what I found "Both variable speed and X13 motors are ECM or “Electronically Commutated Motors”, This just means the DC power that drives them is electronically switched from positive to negative. Both are more efficient than the typical PSC motor with ECM motors commonly being about 80% efficient and PSC being about 60%".
    I guess I misunderstood what pacnw said in his last post.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
    I guess I misunderstood what pacnw said in his last post.
    No, they're are some folks that don't recognize an X13 as an ECM, but the fact is, they are an ECM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". -Vernon Law-

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue".

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" - Unknown

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Why?
    You don't think a damaged/out of balance blower wheel can damage a new motor?
    Uh...Google it yourself!

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    You don't think a damaged/out of balance blower wheel can damage a new motor?
    It could, but I can't think of hearing or seeing an ECM that has been damaged by either.

With no additional info, we can only assume what might be wrong.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12