Post Likes

Does "Super Change" Really Work?

I'm replacing a 2.5 ton AC unit and coil for a client tomorrow and his old system ran on R22. Normally I flush the line set but I just heard about Super Change. According to the manufacture you won't need to flush the line set out if you use this stuff. My new system will use a TXV so I really want to make sure this additive will work. Has anyone else used it?

Thanks

Here's a link:

http://www.cliplight.com/hvacr/chemi...uper-change-2/

Post Likes
    How much is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Isn't that a hydro carbon that makes mineral oil compatible with HFC refrigerants such as 407c on a "existing" system? Why would you use it if your compressor already has POE in it? Oh, I know. The manufacturer claims you can use it instead of a flush that isn't needed in the first place. Unless some hack used their other product and Super Sealed the lineset. Lol

4. Likes Red Man liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sounds like a lot of hype to me, but I can be rather sceptical.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

6. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well so far 1 skeptic, one person who doesn't think anything is necessary, and one person who won't look up the price online

Sorry for being a S.A. It cost about 40 bucks.

Post Likes
    For me there are two important factors concerning products like this.

First, the science behind the product is not given. Possibly because they don't want someone else getting in on their game.

Second, even if the science were presented, I likely wouldn't be able to understand it.

Until people or organizatios that I trust say it is good, I have sit back and wait.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Ide say if you are going to convert to a drop in that requires an oil change or “add” this would be a good product as long as its not too overpriced. Carrying around a tin can of POE is probably not the best practice. This could make it a little quicker, easier and cleaner.

Post Likes
    The concerns about existing line sets from old R22 systems are the amount of mineral or alkylbenzene oil that remains in the line and also the amount of oxidation from that line set not having had nitrogen swept through it during the initial brazing of the R22 system.

While this additive may be fine for preventing a mix of incompatible oils from waxing, it is not going to clean out the lines of any oxidation or other debris that the POE oil in the new system is going to clean up quite effectively.

Just be prepared to have to replace the new filter/drier after a few hours of operation of the new system.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Post Likes
    How does it get rid of water and oxygen? Make all types of oil compatable? Increase efficiency? Why wouldn't the replacement equipment manufacturers include a can with their condensing units just to keep down warrantee claims and life of the compressor. Sounds like snake oil.

12. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well I finished the install today. It only took me 3.5 hours to swap out the condenser, and replace the evaporator. The additive definitely saved some time. I'll report back if there's a problem down the road.

14. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    Even if you could get POE in a can like that would be nice. I

16. Likes hvacskills liked this post