Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    You said amps at disconnect are within .2 of each other but didnt say what amps were...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    So, you should have another conductor off of T1 that goes to the run capacitor. If it is a dual capacitor, then that conductor should have the missing amps for both the cfm and the compressor. If the motors have separate capacitors and separate conductors to them from T1, then you should find the missing amps for those motors in their respective conductors.
    That makes sense I will look at that today. Still thinking I will add the boost transformer to bring the FLA amperage down a bit. At temp I am running about 17amps. With a full load ,hot box, I was running closer to 26. I had to throttle back the suction valve to get the amps down until the box got to about 32 degrees then I was able to open it all the way.

Post Likes
    That's not the odd part - that is the normal part - isn't it? <g>

Don't the amps on L! and L2 have to be the same?

They are both the same circuit. <g>

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by tomnkc View Post
    Amp readings on leads to the compressor coming off the contactor. T1/T2. High amp draw is on T2 which goes directly to the overload on the comp.

The odd part is when I check both legs coming off the disconnect they are even within .2 of an amp
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Who is going to throttle the suction valve the next time?

Where is the Z charge TXV or Crankcase Pressure Regulator set?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by tomnkc View Post
    That makes sense I will look at that today. Still thinking I will add the boost transformer to bring the FLA amperage down a bit. At temp I am running about 17amps. With a full load ,hot box, I was running closer to 26. I had to throttle back the suction valve to get the amps down until the box got to about 32 degrees then I was able to open it all the way.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I guess check the capacitor wiring again, and check the caps while the unit is running.
    Also , at 25 suction , a ZP txv element wouldnt come into play but CPR could if needed.
    New customer? Maybe always had issues that werent caught?
    Is system matched?
    I too would just say, well , look up the performance curves and I think you should . However, EVERY time I've tried to look up performance curves Emerson boots me, (password no good, email not recognized blah blah) I have no idea why, so if you manage to do it kudos to you LOL!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If you haven't already, clean the condenser coil, 300 psi is pretty high. You can also look to see the mcc of the compressor (maximum constant curret) my guess is your under that. WAG is that it's around 23amps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12