Post Likes

Globe thermometer

Hi

I`m interested to measure radiant heat that emitted from cooking equipment. I saw online that "Globe thermometer" can do the measurement of radiant heat but couldn`t find detail description about how the thing works.
    Has anyone used this "Globe thermometer" before? And what is your comment on this device?
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Any link or model# or cost?
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    From https://www.testo.com/en-US/globe-pr...-9/p/0602-0743

In combination with an appropriate measuring instrument, the globe thermometer (thermocouple type K) enables standard-compliant determination and checking of the radiant heat parameter. For example, if a significant temperature difference between the ambient and globe temperature is detected, the cause could be high solar radiation through the window.
    The globe heats up from radiant which heats the air inside that the thermocouple reads.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I found the Testo model as well. But nothing techinical being describe there. Wanted to know user experience and comments on this instrument, how does it really measuring the radiant heat.
    My question is, when the globe surface got heated up, the temperature inside will raise, then how can we know that it is purely from radiant heat but not from other heat sources.

Post Likes
    One has to assume a little bit... the bulb has to be at ambient temperature out of known radiant sources.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."