Post Likes

Furnace Changout, EL296

Name:  el296.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  133.0 KB

Opinions? Roasts? Think we did a fair job of it.

Post Likes
    Is that Romex going down to the plug that you put in for your condensate pump? I would have used alumaflex. Looks pretty good I like your sheet metal work. Good choice 4 inch filter much less static pressure drop through the system period a 1-inch filter has tremendous pressure drop through it

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Do you have the multi size tubing Bender? Meet you there sweet from Johnstone Supply that's where I got mine. It's really helps on running line sets goes all the way to inch and an eighth if you don't have one you might want to get one it really can make it do some pretty sweet work with line sets

https://m.johnstonesupply.com/storef...ep?pID=H85-528

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Nice, neat, clean looking install. I’d get rid of the romex and use conduit. Nice overflow pan.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Very clean, nice. I would have conduit the romex as well, just makes for a cleaner install. But overall, nice clean job.

Post Likes
    I love the metal document holder.

Post Likes
    I like it, my only comment is to use a slightly larger Aux Pan, that way the Condensate Pump could fit down into the pan.

8. Likes STEVEusaPA liked this post
    Post Likes
    Ooo...that's a biggun'. I assume to drive the AC? Or, do they need that much heat, too? Big Berthas need 2 sides or a side and a bottom return.

The house "looks" clean and well kept. Based on that I'd bet they take an interest in good insulation, too. So, why didnt you run the intake outside?
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Ooo...that's a biggun'. I assume to drive the AC? Or, do they need that much heat, too? Big Berthas need 2 sides or a side and a bottom return.

The house "looks" clean and well kept. Based on that I'd bet they take an interest in good insulation, too. So, why didnt you run the intake outside?
    You are correct, it was to drive the AC, Has an XP20 with it. We didn't takes the intake outside because this room is in the middle of the house, in a basement with a finished ceiling, the customer didn't want to pay for to get drywall fixed so we could run it.

Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    Very clean, nice. I would have conduit the romex as well, just makes for a cleaner install. But overall, nice clean job.
    We normally don't put our romex in conduit if its in a mechanical room, if it was living space we would use MC cable or metal conduit.

Quote Originally Posted by sgraefe View Post
    I like it, my only comment is to use a slightly larger Aux Pan, that way the Condensate Pump could fit down into the pan.
    I wish I had made a larger drain pan to accommodate the pump, but it was what I had with me so we made it work.

11. Likes RMSG01 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Looks good! Clean & neat.

Post Likes
    Be nice to have a 6" riser box under the furnace so all 20x25 of that media cleaner gets air through it. Personally I like outside air for combustion but I seem to be in the minority these days.

Nice workmanship

Post Likes
    Very nice dude.