Post Likes

Any Siemens guys experience this?

Recently started in the controls field with Siemens.....doing my first full start-up on a building renovation and having some issues that no one at my branch can seem to explain why its happening. This job has 3 PXC 24's BacNet panels. I built the entire job in Comm Tool before going out to the site. Upon arrival I set the panels up via HMI then restore them with the pre-built databases. Then when I open Comm Tool online the panel shows up as a BacNet other device in the system tree and when I try to change it to compact it promts me to enter in a valid network number between 1-65,493. The only way I can change it is to delete the panel from the system profile page, rediscover it, then restore the database. I have to do this every time I open Comm Tool online and work on a panel. I have spoken with other guys in my area and they are having the same issues but dont know why its happening....surely something is causing it! Im running Comm Tool 3.15 with SP 4 just in case anyone is wondering.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray7129 View Post
    Recently started in the controls field with Siemens.....doing my first full start-up on a building renovation and having some issues that no one at my branch can seem to explain why its happening. This job has 3 PXC 24's BacNet panels. I built the entire job in Comm Tool before going out to the site. Upon arrival I set the panels up via HMI then restore them with the pre-built databases. Then when I open Comm Tool online the panel shows up as a BacNet other device in the system tree and when I try to change it to compact it promts me to enter in a valid network number between 1-65,493. The only way I can change it is to delete the panel from the system profile page, rediscover it, then restore the database. I have to do this every time I open Comm Tool online and work on a panel. I have spoken with other guys in my area and they are having the same issues but dont know why its happening....surely something is causing it! Im running Comm Tool 3.15 with SP 4 just in case anyone is wondering.
    This used to be an issue with BACnet field panels that were newer than the firmware version in the xml file, though with the rev you have it shouldn't be an issue. The question I have is why are you going online with Comm Tool? These are BACnet panels so you can use the field panel web server to do commissioning if you don't like the HMI. This would prevent this issue that you are having.

Post Likes
    For anyone else that experiences this issue....I spoke with field support and they informed me that this is still an issue even with the latest version of Comm Tool. The .XML file must be replaced in 3 different locations....one of those being the CT folder of the current job being built. The .xml file will have to be replaced every time you build a new job as well. Instructions can be found with the .XML file on the company sharedrive.

Post Likes
    It's interesting this thread came up at this time.
    I have customer that has some siemens TC24.2-EF.T and TC36-E.T Talon BACnet controllers doing some weird things and wants me to take a look at the system. The system is rather far way and takes a lot of travel time.
    The questions I have after looking at the information he sent are,
    1 there appears to be no OWS on site. How are the controllers programmed?
    2 what software is required to access the PPCL programs ?
    3 is there a way to get a text dump of the database points and configuration settings?
    4 The documentation indicates these are stand alone controllers with "canned routines" that can be customized. if so, how?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
    The reason I was called in on this is the company and person who set this system up are no longer in business and no where to be found.

Thanks for any help.
    Auto
    Last edited by AutoPilot; 07-13-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: can't spell
    In case of malfunction-Reconnect brain BEFORE starting mouth.