Post Likes

Daikin rtu unit made by Rheem

I have 2 Daikin rtu units made by Rheem. Tech support is being extremely difficult to get the necessary info to solve an issue. An airflow pressure switch is getting moisture in the tube. The unit runs for a few days and shuts down. The only alarm present is the airflow switch stuck closed. My short contact with tech support only provided the claim that the Rheem factory rep was on a plane and could not be reached. This was a week ago. I hope the rep survived the trip.

Has anyone experience this issue?
    M#MPSA12BGS25VDPD

M#MPS020BGCR40V

Post Likes
    I have experienced this before and found that it was the position of the switch in relation to where the tube hooks up at the other end, the switch being lower than in this case the inducer and moisture from within inducer backing up into tube and shutting unit down. I either raised switch to a higher position or reoriented tubing in such a way as to keep moisture from entering it.

Post Likes
    This is the Airflow switch that allows the board to recognize the vfd blower is running. The switch is higher that the inlet of the tube.

Post Likes
    Yes I understand that, not an inducer but the principle remains. I mention it simply because whenever I have run into that it was an issue of the switch being lower. The only other obvious issue I could think of which you may have already of course considered is condensation forming due to a temperature difference. I tend to try and find the simple things first and work out from there.

Post Likes
    Maybe the solution is to enlarge the tube so it can drain.