Post Likes

Sprinter headlights...

I sanded them yesterday, used 600 grit wet sand, then 2000 grit wet sand, then dried them and sprayed some uv blocking clear gloss plastic adhesion paint.

I'm thinking I may go over them again with 2000wet then another coat of clear, then compound and apply some wax... should last a long time.Name:  20180705_190834.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  131.7 KBName:  20180706_171708.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  32.3 KB
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice job. Wish the factory would make a little upgrade so that doesn’t have to be done.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    Nice job. Wish the factory would make a little upgrade so that doesn’t have to be done.
    The bi-xenon headlights dont do that.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I did that deal with three vehicles. ----Temporary solution to a permanent problem. Replace the assembly usually for around $100.00 or less using after market from the net.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by micdundee View Post
    Replace the assembly usually for around $100.00 or less using after market from the net.
    This is important. A composite headlight assembly can be over $1500 from the dealer.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I have a 2006 2500 myself, and the lenses have not gotten to that point yet. I haven't priced replacements for it yet.
    A Jeep and two trucks that were getting pretty bad that look and act as new now.
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Post Likes
    yes the actual cost of the assembly is probably about $400.00 before the dealers 100% mark up and yes i have gotten many a dealer to admit this.

Post Likes
    Metal polish and a buffing wheel on a drill will do a wonders on messed up lights