Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier 19XR

Post Likes
    Dont change T1 or T2 settings. Since you have this style of surge prevention I would raise both P1 and P2. I would start off by raising P1 to 55-57 and P2 to 90. After making these adjustments back out and see how its running. See if the high lift goes away. If it goes away monitor the chiller. I prefer to setup surge prevention so it just goes into high lift right before a surge. Most people make mistake by setting it up too conservatively. After making these changes if its still in high lift id raise P1 to 60 and P2 to 95. Then recheck to see if its in high lift. From this point id make smaller adjustments until high lift is gone.

This is the worst surge prevention for this chiller. Mainly because you only have two points. So the surge line is a straight line. P1-P4 & T1/T4 is much better. You might see if you can get a carrier tech on site. We can download a newer version of software. At that time they should be able to setup your surge prevention settings.

Post Likes
    Do the chillers run 24/7? who or what controls the pumps? The chillers can easily start and stop the pumps. All of our chillers have contacts in the starter to control pumps. I would suggest doing this. I prefer to never run water through a chiller if its not running. Most likely you have a ISM in starter. The contacts are located on the ISM. one set of contacts for each pump. Run low voltage through these contacts. 120V or less!!!!

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the info, wished you could have seen my post sooner. More than likely I will be at the job site again. Hopefully I'm able to reach you when I'm there.

Post Likes
    Im curious what your evap approach is with the chiller running at 100%. If its 2.3 degrees at 80% it could possibly be 3-4 degrees at 100%. Its possible this this chiller is low on refrigerant. If the chiller is low on refrigerant it can't recover the oil at lower loads. Also if its low on refrigerant it can make you see high lift alerts and surging. Due to wide evap approach

Post Likes
    I will have that info today. Is there an easier way I can get ahold of you? Do you have Facebook messenger?

Post Likes
    Email me

Post Likes
    Just curious what is the fluid in the cooler / evaporator ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12