Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    VPN's are the cost of large sites that have too many subnets. At least it works for me, too lazy to fight other venders.

Post Likes
    Amigo,
    You should check out Delta Controls enteliWEB.
    it's designed to do exactly what you're trying to achieve.
    And there is no need to change any sub-net settings.
    You can also have multiple sites with same BACnet addresses and it sucks in third party BACnet devises no problem.

good luck on your quest
    In case of malfunction-Reconnect brain BEFORE starting mouth.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Scott,

Your procedure is ALC / WebCTRL specific, amigo appears to be working with Reliable and Delta which don't use Sitebuilder or any type of data base containing the "network" setup and configuration.
    Sorry, thought we were dealing with ALC front end.

WebCTRL's management of BBMD is great until you install a non-ALC BBMD router on you network, then it has to be manually managed, and unfortunately due to WebCTRL previously doing all the configuration automatically some ALC dealers get in a bind due to lack of understanding (although it appears you have a handle on it).

kontrol out
    I have not found that to be true. I've been able to read/write third party BBMD without issue. The only issue I run into most commonly in this area is devices that have absurdly low BBMD limits like Contemporary Controls BASRT or Schneider Smartstruxure MPM. Even still we have both working in smaller systems.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    I meant WebCTRl / Sitebuilder automatic management of BBMD. Manual management is doable via WebCTRL and the stand alone BBMD application they have works great, even on non-ALC BBMD routers.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    I meant WebCTRl / Sitebuilder automatic management of BBMD. Manual management is doable via WebCTRL and the stand alone BBMD application they have works great, even on non-ALC BBMD routers.

kontrol out
    Auto works fine for me with third party. Works through the usual download page BBMD option and they get queued for download on changes with other subnets. Using the autoconfigure BBMD option for third party devices in SiteBuilder just plain works for me.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    Learn something new everyday. Been awhile for me, back when I went to training over a decade ago, that is what they taught. Haven't really kept up with the improvements and new features of WebCTRL as I only work with it a few times a year when a dealer needs support generally with integration.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoPilot View Post
    Amigo,
    You should check out Delta Controls enteliWEB.
    it's designed to do exactly what you're trying to achieve.
    And there is no need to change any sub-net settings.
    You can also have multiple sites with same BACnet addresses and it sucks in third party BACnet devises no problem.

good luck on your quest
    Thanks, will look into that.
    Not sure of its availability to us through regular channels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123