Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    I think a KE2 technical training class would be good for you.

If the employer would pay for it. Most of our stuff is small and you're probably dealing with all kinds of different applications were maybe this is the best way to go. On our existing equipment I would be hesitant to put something like that in there. I can see if you have a multi evaporator and a huge compressor might be the best thing especially in a supermarket

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Comfort cooling. Trane uses an EEV.
    That on single stage residential? That seems like a lot of complication. Would be a bummer to have that failing cost a lot of money. All the controls required for it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    I think a KE2 technical training class would be good for you.

If the employer would pay for it. Most of our stuff is small and you're probably dealing with all kinds of different applications were maybe this is the best way to go. On our existing equipment I would be hesitant to put something like that in there. I can see if you have a multi evaporator and a huge compressor might be the best thing especially in a supermarket

You said you do school work right? A lot of school districts are mandating KE2 now. Schools are one of the best applications for KE2 due to the scheduling they see huge cost saving with KE2.

There is also the Heatcraft QRC, but I think the KE2 is better.

4. Likes UmmScott liked this post
    Post Likes
    That on single stage residential? That seems like a lot of complication. Would be a bummer to have that failing cost a lot of money. All the controls required for it.
    As I said Trane residential (They make the air handler a coils in Vidalia GA) use EEV for different reasons than refrigeration. They started offering EEV as an option for systems sold in malls etc where the units operate in winter, and as an up-sell option. When I was working with them they were talking about going full EEV for multiple reasons, but at the core of it was marketing and differentiation from competition. But as I don't do AC with my company I haven't tracked what they did since. I do know the prices they paid for the TXV and EEV and the price difference was negligible... and of course much less than we pay.

Post Likes
    Commercial applications are a little different but I can understand why they're trying to reinvent the wheel I guess. When it comes to residential I really think you want to keep it simple if you can. A lot of people don't have $ in their savings account but they own the house with heating and AC especially in hot climates and especially humid ones.

Most of my Refrigeration experience is at the school district but I've had to work on some of it in Reno and the restaurant owners can be real cheap. Dealing with people who don't want to spend a lot of money can be a real pain. But Warehouse that maybe are storing medicines maybe humidity control is so vital in your area on those things that when the EEV might be a much better option. I know where else that restored medicines in the Reno area the humidity is under 10% but those medicines that they were storing had to be in a much more humid climate and humidifiers had to be installed on the job. Also in Reno I saw it temperature drops of over 30 degrees sometimes 35 because of the lack of humidity.

Last edited by beenthere; 07-15-2018 at 05:08 AM.

Post Likes
    again... it is not an extra $$$ ... price it out... also look at the energy consumption differences...
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-15-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Post Likes
    So over a week later, get told that we are to replace the EEV , need a quick trip to site to confirm some details before ordering , see how he compressor has managed over the last week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLJIM View Post
    So over a week later, get told that we are to replace the EEV , need a quick trip to site to confirm some details before ordering , see how he compressor has managed over the last week.
    Hey nobody asked you, dude. Get your own thread! :Grin:

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

10. Likes rjk_cmh, davidadavis liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    again... it is not an extra thousand... price it out... also look at the energy consumption differences...
    Next time I go to the refrigeration supply house I'll ask about it who makes it is at heatcraft? Can you provide me a link?

Post Likes
    Next time I go to the refrigeration supply house I'll ask about it who makes it is at heatcraft? Can you provide me a link?
    Go to your local Heatcraft Distributor like United Refrigeration and ask for a quote on a built up freezer evaporator with 3 different options:

option one, standard controls

option two, QRC control but with a TXV (demand defrost capable)

option three, QRC with EEV

Post Likes
    That's where I go for Refrigeration equipment. They have some really good guys there that know their stuff help me on design. Design on refrigeration is out of my scope of knowledge. Thanks for the info I'll check into it and see if they got some kind of classes or something I can find something online

Post Likes
    That's where I go for Refrigeration equipment. They have some really good guys there that know their stuff help me on design. Design on refrigeration is out of my scope of knowledge. Thanks for the info I'll check into it and see if they got some kind of classes or something I can find something online
    You don't need to understand it to get the pricing. Getting the individual parts prices is not representative at all of the cost to the customer. If you see the difference in equipment with QRC and TXV vs QRC with EEV you will see the price difference is a very small % of total cost.

As to saying design on refrigeration is out of your knowledge... thanks for saying that. That has been my point all along. If you want to learn more about it, ask.

15. Likes thekux liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    You don't need to understand it to get the pricing. Getting the individual parts prices is not representative at all of the cost to the customer. If you see the difference in equipment with QRC and TXV vs QRC with EEV you will see the price difference is a very small % of total cost.

As to saying design on refrigeration is out of your knowledge... thanks for saying that. That has been my point all along. If you want to learn more about it, ask.
    Appreciate that. Over at United Refrigeration they have a couple of good Engineers over there but I don't have to do any design I'm usually just replacing what's there. This was a old walk-in built in the 50s early 60s all wood and really low ceiling I think maybe 7 feet. Had a dilapidated evaporator I put a completely different one in and because of the low ceiling height I was concerned with cold air blowing on product. I'm on vacation right now next time I'm at work I'll put a couple of pictures in here see what I'm talking about. I have a couple other evaporators I have to change out over the summer that toasts leaking lots of refrigerant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345