Post Likes

Cool New to this forum and also to install.

New to this forum and also to installing hvac systems. I do mostly residential installs and some commercial as well. Here's a pic of my most recent work. Any comments and or criticism is welcome. Questions too. Thanks

Indianapolis, Indiana 317
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    the pvc drain pipe would be better if it hugged the furnace instead of hanging out like that. The flue pipe is too close to combustibles. It's only single wall. Plus, the first 5" (?) section looks to be female on both ends. The flue gas should never run up against an inserted male end. HArd to tell from the pictures but they may be too close to the electrical panel. The wire att the bottom of the unit with the box of chemicals that shouldnt be there is going to get torn to shreds.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Thanks so much for all of that. I'm still new to the trade. Will definitely keep those things in mind for my next install. The company I work for doesn't like putting out extra money for those materials such as b vent. So I work with what I have.

Post Likes
    Well the condensation system isn't quite right. You want a vent on the drain after the P-trap which I also don't see. You should have a seperate pump for each system that why the kill switch will terminate the right furnace if the pump breaks.

Nice work on the insulation. However did you insulate because this is a cold location? If so than you should have used B-vent for the exhaust, not single wall. Generally you can only use c vent single wall in warm locations.

Post Likes
    B vent is code required in many states if your company wont allow it to be bought i would look for a new job and change employers when the time is right.
    Do it right it don't do it at all is my motto