Post Likes

Cvhe suction ell torque specs

This has probably been asked a bunch of times just cant find it on search thread and checked my ctv-sg-2. Looking for torque specs for suction ell cvhe machine. Anybody have link or page its on. Took elbow apart today and cleaned. Doing reassembly tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    160 and 90

Post Likes
    Trigger I ended up finding this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    glad you found something

they are grade 5 so I use 160 on all 5\8 bolts on the machine and 90 on the 1\2 and that table is most like likely dry torque

I also always use marine grade anti seize, since that should be used on a flange that may condensate

If you found that you most likely found the bolt torque pattern that Trane recommends

I really don't care for that much either, it is almost an artform to torqueing an suction ell if you don't want it to leak.

5. Likes waldo, CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    I never had any leaks on a TRANE when done and lasted to next overhaul . My two foot piece of pipe on my 1/2" drive breaker bar ; there is torque value than " BILLY " tight !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILLERSVCMAN View Post
    I never had any leaks on a TRANE when done and lasted to next overhaul . My two foot piece of pipe on my 1/2" drive breaker bar ; there is torque value than " BILLY " tight !
    Since that's my name, it reminded me of a story: Years ago (when I was at Trane) we hired a new guy. I had known him for years. He went with me on a few jobs, to give him some exposure to how we did things and introduce him to our customers. While doing an annual on a CenTraVac, I explained how my personnel preference was to tighten the spin on oil filter as tight as I could by hand. Using Trane's procedure had caused me to find a couple of oil leaks (small oil seeps) on return visits. No problems ever with my technique. Well, as time passed, I would happen upon some of his accounts, and would need to change the oil filter. Now would be a good time to mention that my upper body strength is less than average, for this field, and his is among the strongest I've known, lol. I have ruined oil filter wrenches, mangled filters, and cussed, all the time muttering to myself "I've created a monster", lol!

8. Likes Zeke XI liked this post
    Post Likes
    I started going with silicone grease for any bolt that is on a cold flange. I think the silicone deals better with moisture.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    I started going with silicone grease for any bolt that is on a cold flange. I think the silicone deals better with moisture.

Than Marine Grade Anti Seize by Loctite??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy View Post
    Than Marine Grade Anti Seize by Loctite??
    I just try to steer clear of any anti seize on refrigeration. It's like lapping compund to anything that moves. Is enough going to get inside to make a problem? Probably not. Just a preference. I use Tri-Flo in the squeeze tube.

-----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----