Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thekux View Post
    I have been told by a few service technicians microchannel condensing units if you don't use the nitrogen Purge you'll probably plug it up there have really tiny ports not like the old days. I have to make a few times I said f*** it

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    These "NEW" micro channel coils have been used on cars for a really long time. I have wondered why it took so long for the HVAC/ Refrigeration industry to catch up. They definitely transfer heat on an entirely different level. I'm also of the mindset, if you don't purge with nitrogen and follow the industry standards on cleaning with r-11 flush etc. there is a higher potential for problems to occur. Much like car radiators that can clog, so can these micro channel condensers and evaporators. It's a whole new ballgame, sponsored by your local EPA and yes, the rules have changed, either embrace it, for what it is, or keep doing sub-par work and suffer eventually.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSG01 View Post
    These "NEW" micro channel coils have been used on cars for a really long time. I have wondered why it took so long for the HVAC/ Refrigeration industry to catch up. They definitely transfer heat on an entirely different level. I'm also of the mindset, if you don't purge with nitrogen and follow the industry standards on cleaning with r-11 flush etc. there is a higher potential for problems to occur. Much like car radiators that can clog, so can these micro channel condensers and evaporators. It's a whole new ballgame, sponsored by your local EPA and yes, the rules have changed, either embrace it, for what it is, or keep doing sub-par work and suffer eventually.
    OK

What Industry Standard on R-11 (Actually its RX-11. R-11 went with R-12) Flush

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Max View Post
    I'm curious- how does lack of maintenance cause a drier to lose moisture? I don't think I've heard of that before. Dirty coils causing higher pressures and heat? Does that drive out the moisture?

Sounds like you are saying that the black junk I see is from moisture in the system? So I'm blaming the wrong poor practice. Not pulling a good vacuum instead of flowing with nitrogen?

Thank you
    Yes that's right. The warmer the liquid line drier the less moisture it can hold. That is a proven issue. That moisture plus the hot compressor is a sludge factory.

I suppose without proof one dirty condenser and magically all the oxidation chemically turns to poop and starts to clog up everything too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Yes that's right. The warmer the liquid line drier the less moisture it can hold. That is a proven issue. That moisture plus the hot compressor is a sludge factory.

I suppose without proof one dirty condenser and magically all the oxidation chemically turns to poop and starts to clog up everything too.
    Thank you

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223