Post Likes

Thermo Pride Spirit vs Thermo Pride OH6 Series

Hello,

We are close to making a decision for an oil furnace. It's between:

Therm Pride: VHF-ABT, Low-Profile Highboy with constant torque ECM Blower Motor and Beckett AFG Burner.

And

Thermo Pride: OH6 Premiere Series - Low-Profile Highboy with ECM Blower Motor

...what are the differences between these two furnaces and which would you choose?

Post Likes
    If there are any duct issues avoid RCM Motors.

Post Likes
    I don't know what an RCM motor is but what does that have to do with my original post? Do you have any experience with Thermo Pride oil furnaces?

Post Likes
    I think he meant ECM, and it is an important consideration for comfort and performance.
    As far as the 2, Spirit is newer, but there is no noticeable difference to a h/o.
    Spirit may be a little more efficient, either one is probably too large for your home.
    A proper heat loss, and manual D will tell the full story.
    "Sometimes what's right is what's left after you do everything wrong"--Robin Williams

Post Likes
    Firstly, you cannot go wrong either way. Thermopride would be considered the Cadillac and will outlive anything else on the market. The OH unit is a copper coated octogonal heat exchanger and is the best in the industry (in my opinion). The spirit line is more of a lower end (although better than everyone else still) with a slightly lighter heat exchanger and without copper coating I believe and also has a lesser fit and finish cabinet quality.

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    Thank you, you have just made my life easier and I appreciate it!