Post Likes

CSI INET Overlay with JACE 8000

Has anyone used the MaxLine CSI I\NET driver with an EC-BOS-8/JACE 8000?
    The website indicates you need a gateway to translate from I\NET to BACnet IP, presumably because the JACE 8000 doesn't have an on-board serial port.
    This is the gateway: http://maxlinesolutions.com/mig112.html
    Curious if anyone has used it and what your experience was. There's an RS-232 module for the JACE 8000 that I would expect to work, but the MaxLine documentation doesn't mention it.
    This site has NetPlus 2000 routers, which already translate I\NET to some TCP/IP protocol, but I haven't found a way to use it.

Post Likes
    I/Net doesnt play well with others.

NPR's were for linking the C-LAN back to a remote workstation via IP. I don't know that I've heard of another system tapping in to that successfully.

I have heard of successful JACE connections via the DB9 port on a 7798 or 7793 but it's slow.

Do a search on here, ithers have pulled it off and made it work.

Good luck!

Post Likes
    Yeah we've used the DB9 solution to moderate success, but the makers of the driver indicate you can't use that method with a JACE-8000, and our factory (Distech) isn't selling older models any more.
    I may just buy an RS-232 module and test it on a JACE we have in stock.