Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R-22 Burn

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GZBone View Post
    I have developed a rather large blister on the inside of my pointer finger and a smaller one on the webbing between the pointer and the **** you finger.
    Sounds like more of an irritation than a serious or chronic health issue. I've blistered up a time or two early on and damn near got one the other day. You never know when a low loss or something will go south. I always carry a rag hanging out of my left pocket and learned early on to keep calm and just be prepared to let go and reattempt with some sort of protection or just walk away until the fog clears (I've never had to resort to that).

You merely went through a rite of passage in the industry. The odds of you suffering another burn are greatly reduced now. Fear and pain are excellent educators. I regularly hook up to the high side with a core depressor now.

http://www.partdeal.com/yellow-jacke...CABEgKM1PD_BwE
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

2. Likes GZBone liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sort of like . . .

How often do you see a cat jump onto a stove top?

Like never. Because they did it once and learned not to ever do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Sounds like more of an irritation than a serious or chronic health issue. I've blistered up a time or two early on and damn near got one the other day. You never know when a low loss or something will go south. I always carry a rag hanging out of my left pocket and learned early on to keep calm and just be prepared to let go and reattempt with some sort of protection or just walk away until the fog clears (I've never had to resort to that).

You merely went through a rite of passage in the industry.
    The odds of you suffering another burn are greatly reduced now. Fear and pain are excellent educators. I regularly hook up to the high side with a core depressor now.

http://www.partdeal.com/yellow-jacke...CABEgKM1PD_BwE
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

4. Likes hurtinhvac, GZBone, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Small contractors here carry workers comp not because the state requires but because the GC's do. insurance claims go up hill if the sub doesn't have insurance.
    If there are no claims the comp can be as low as .05% of payroll. Seems cheap enough for any contractor.
    Believe it, you can't afford to not have health care. Most hospitals are "For profit" today. With your situation I would squeeze the boss. He can raise his pricing if necessary. If he says he can't afford to buy insurance, your position is you can't afford not to have it. It's hard to imagine he's putting family in this situation.
    I should have played the g'tar on the MTV. MK

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    https://www.rxlist.com/silvadene-drug.htm
    this is what you need and it takes a prescription
    unless your a independent contractor your boss should cover you
    that's it my friend a nurse gave me a small bottle full it works great on burns. don't know the shelf life though

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234