Post Likes

Recovering air on accident?

I just got into the field and I'm certified to recover 5 lb and under. My question is how can I tell if my yellow jacket recovery machine keeps shutting off and turning back on during recovery due to a leak and it's sucking in air or there really is refrigerant still in there? I realize I can put a vacuum on it but I'm trying to balance what I'm supposed to do, that is not intentionally release refrigerant into the air, and what is actually practical without knowing, that is trying to figure out if all the refrigerant is already gone or if there's a leak by switching to a vacuum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The machine turns off and back on either due to over-pressure or over-temperature. Chilling the recovery tank often helps with over pressure problems. Over-temperature is harder to deal with as it is a machine problem. Look in the owner's manual for solutions.

If you dont disconnect the machine when it stops there will still be refrigerant in the system. For recovery, you only need to get it down to 0 psi or a slight vacuum. a stubby gauge on one of the service ports is very helpful.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

3. Likes lunalilo liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the response!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk