Thread: Psychrometer

Post Likes

Psychrometer

Howdy folks, I am looking for some advice on a psychrometer! I have been out of the trade for a while and I have recently started working in it again, and some of my tools are a bit outdated and I am starting to replace them as I can afford them and the psychrometer is the next thing on my list that I would like to get! I am hoping to get some input so I can get something that is trust worth and reliable!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Fire

Post Likes
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    That is exactly what I would like to have but it is a bit pricey! But to do a quality job you need quality tools! So I might have to hold off another couple of weeks if that is the route I take!

Post Likes
    https://www.carolina.com/catalog/det...?prodId=749115

and get out the psychometric graph
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/fi...SABEgIEHfD_BwE

I've found this to be pretty damn reliable for the price.

As tested with this:

http://www.fieldpiece.com/products/d...psychrometers/

If you're just wanting a reasonably accurate wet bulb for charging fixed meter systems, the former is fine by my standards.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    I had looked at the field piece but I wandered about the dependability of it. The good thing about it is it is affordable and if it is a bust I am not out that much money.

Post Likes
    It takes a little bit to stabilize is my only complaint...but overall fairly accurate.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    I got the pen-style fieldpiece, and it's really too slow for my liking. I ended up getting a Testo 625 and it suits me fine.

Post Likes
    Testo 605i. Quick and accurate. Bluetooth range not great but reasonably priced.

Post Likes
    I second the testo 605i. Picked mine up recently and really like it.

Post Likes
    I have the FP PRH2. I didn't buy it by choice, but took it as a part of a credit from the local carrier distributor. I find it not only tediously slow, but slick, awkward to hold, yet has to be held long enough to get temps. I used it for a few days. Now it sits on a shelf in my office. You somehow always feel as though it will slip out of your hands and break at any given moment. No way to attach it to a grill.

The SPD2 is a pretty slick device, but the tethered probes are a bit of a hassle. Other than that, the information it provides is extensive. Learn how to use it, and it's an excellent tool, provided you're ok with drilling holes in supply and return plenums close enough together to accommodate the probes. That one sits in my shop.

I really like the SRH2 for handheld. I often use it to get IDWB and ODDB when I'm using a gauge set (well...digital manifold). It also measures Dewpoint and RH. Unfortunately, fieldpiece seems to have discontinued it. The next closest is the SHR3, which has a tethered probe, but could be used much like the SRH2, and has the added functionality of in duct measurements.

There may be other useful devices just as functional for a reasonable price, but these are the only ones I have experience with. The testo 605i looks nice. Just know that Testo is known for short bluetooth range and a flakey app. But it is priced reasonably. And as long as you stay in range, it should do what you need it to do.

Of all that I've mentioned, staying under a few hundred, & given the discontinuance of the SRH2, I would probably choose the SRH3, Testo 625 or the Testo 605i as my preference. The Testo 625 does look nice, albeit at the high end of the range. But if you want to go all out, it's tough to beat the iConnect. But that means going way out of budget.