Post Likes

Old equipment is still good equipment

Name:  tank2.PNG
Views: 275
Size:  1.61 MBName:  tank.PNG
Views: 272
Size:  1.12 MB

A little canadian content for you. How to build water heaters? go back in time.

1969 commercial gas copper tank unit, made in Toronto ON. Just failed

1967 steel tank residential electric unit, made in Hamilton ON. Needs elements.

Post Likes
    I still have a gas all copper unit out there. I think it's a 75-80 gallon tank. Same manufacturer.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    the electrical ratings on the second one gives me pause...... up to 6000 watts on a 115v circuit? sounds "extreme" LOL

Post Likes
    That would be 52.17 amps. I dont see a problem with that provided the breaker (if it exists) and the wire are sized appropriately.

(I looked up single pole 60 amp breakers. They do exist).
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    My new Rheem water heater draws 2,000 on 120 VAC heats the water to set point in less then 1/2 hour after i turn off the shower i love it

Post Likes
    MY rheem draws 16.7 amps