Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    I wouldnt leave those pins in there. You'll get galvanic corrosion between the 2 different metals and it'll eventually pinhole the exchanger (yes, even titanium). You may need to get titanium pins to make your spaces.
    Good point, which I agree with completely. However, I'm sure I'll have pin-holes in LOTS of other places first. I have 260 gallons of untreated water circulating through copper coils, rubber hoses, PVC pipes, and through a titanium exchanger. Corrosion is inevitable, but that's the nature of prototypes. I learned years ago that prototypes need to be cheap and disposable, so that's how I build them.

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    im sure you'll keep us updated
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    If it can't be sealed up with tape, then it probably just needs to fail sooner rather than later. LOL

IMG_9827.JPG

IMG_9825.jpg

Post Likes
    what in the hell is that! it looks like a crazy turbo air intake.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    LOL ... it's actually more like an "anti-turbo" ... naturally aspirated at it's purest form. Each cylinder has its own throttle body, like most motorcycles.

I think I might have the only 2 drive-by-wire Hondas with ITBs (in the world) that pass OBDII inspection, and I've been daily driving them for years (without air filters).

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    ITB's = Individual Throttle Bodies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12