Post Likes

How to find a tech for low-end propane vented heaters

I have 6 vented propane heaters [4 Empire MV, a Williams and a Home Comfort DV] in an off-grid situation 1.5 hour drive to nearest tech. It's very disappointing to pay over $200 just to hear, "you could try replacing the pilot light orifices" ... which does not solve the problem. Most of the techs will not work on the low-end furnaces. The Manual says to have a technician do annual maintenance on each unit, but the tech does not seem to know what that would entail.

At the moment I have two units with yellow pilot flames, and it's not the orifice; one booming and putting out black smoke, and one where an amateur (me) messed up with installing the propane converter on an LP stove, and there is a big propane leak upon lighting.

Why can't I motivate a technician to come and solve these problems?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayya Sobhana View Post
    I have 6 vented propane heaters [4 Empire MV, a Williams and a Home Comfort DV] in an off-grid situation 1.5 hour drive to nearest tech. It's very disappointing to pay over $200 just to hear, "you could try replacing the pilot light orifices" ... which does not solve the problem. Most of the techs will not work on the low-end furnaces. The Manual says to have a technician do annual maintenance on each unit, but the tech does not seem to know what that would entail.

At the moment I have two units with yellow pilot flames, and it's not the orifice; one booming and putting out black smoke, and one where an amateur (me) messed up with installing the propane converter on an LP stove, and there is a big propane leak upon lighting.

Why can't I motivate a technician to come and solve these problems?
    You should be able to go into Empire’s website and they will link you up with a dealer. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They will soon forget how long it takes, but they will always remember the quality.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican3 View Post
    You should be able to go into Empire’s website and they will link you up with a dealer. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Nearest Empire dealer does sales only not service. I just wrote Empire asking for a service technician. We are located near Jenner CA 95450. Out here in the country, good companies in the building trades are like royalty. It does work well when there's a long term relationship based on respect and appreciation.

Post Likes
    "Primitive" heaters are simple and easy money to service. I could do those all day long.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."