Post Likes

Henny Penny fryer is confused

Fast Food Burger joint has a HP OFE fryer that is 3 phase electric but on start up it says gas and the throws a blower failure. I'm going to replace the IO board but would like to know if someone out there knows how this fryers computer knows if it's gas or electric in case it could be a cable or something other than the board. This fryer was working as intended up until a week ago.

Many thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Alzheimers...... ;-)

3. Likes BALloyd, The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rhkohl View Post
    Fast Food Burger joint has a HP OFE fryer that is 3 phase electric but on start up it says gas and the throws a blower failure. I'm going to replace the IO board but would like to know if someone out there knows how this fryers computer knows if it's gas or electric in case it could be a cable or something other than the board. This fryer was working as intended up until a week ago.

Many thanks in advance.
    I’ve had this before at a McDonald’s. When I called tech support they walked me though how to reset it. It was some time ago and I don’t remember exactly how I reverted it back. It was in a section of the programming I’ve never been in. Not first or second level programming, something even deeper. The guy had to find it and tell me keystroke by keystroke how to do it.

I didn’t need a board and as far as I know it’s never glitched like that again.