Post Likes

HVAC MANAGER OR BMS-WHICH IS GOOD

In the building automation system, the HVAC system generally is the part of building management system (BMS), according to a survey earlier conducted in UAE and as per my experience, the BMS almost out of order, as well as the HVAC system such as the control of chilled water pump, FAHU operation….etc will be in out of use.
    I think the major drawback of the BMS is the required commitment at all levels throughout its operational life to maintain maximum effectiveness. Operation and maintenance cost might be higher compared to simpler management. Also there are lots of group of communication interface, there will have always some error in any electronic board. These jeopardize the smooth operation of the system. The Major energy consumer of the building, above 60%, is HVAC system. At present, I am taking some initiative for installing HVAC dedicated manager for our buildings by segregating from the BMS, and I think it will be a simpler and can be include more operational logic ….
    What you think..
    THANK YOU

Post Likes
    Most BMS/EMS systems are vastly underutilized pertaining to energy management. Mostly used for monitoring, on/off, and troubleshooting. That last item is part of underutilization...how many building managers/operators take advantage of the built-in trending tools of their EMS platform to diagnose equipment problems or locate energy waste?

So I see no need to reinvent the wheel; just learn to better use what's already on your desktop.
    Building Physics Rule #1: Hot flows to cold.

Building Physics Rule #2:
    Higher air pressure moves toward lower air pressure

Building Physics Rule #3:
    Higher moisture concentration moves toward lower moisture concentration.