Post Likes

What ar the differences between SV and SM series ?

FHP/Bosch has an SV line which is less expensive and an SM line which is more. In an 024 size - what are the actual differences? I can't picture a two stage 024 compressor but: is there?

Anyway; what are the differences? How different are the SV and the SM?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    According to Bosch's datasheets, the SM is indeed two-speed even in the lowest capacity model (024). I just looked on Copeland's website, and they offer 2-stage scrolls down to 20,000 btu/h low stage, 25,600 btu/h high stage.

Post Likes
    Thanks. I was getting nowhere and the customer is bugging me. My office computer is AFU - but only on some websites; elsewhere it's fine.

So 2 speed compressor - but wait a minute; that's only a 25% capacity reduction! My cost of the SM unit is 200% of the SV and the capacity-control variation is less than 6000 BTU's ? <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    According to Bosch's datasheets, the SM is indeed two-speed even in the lowest capacity model (024). I just looked on Copeland's website, and they offer 2-stage scrolls down to 20,000 btu/h low stage, 25,600 btu/h high stage.
    PHM
    --------

4. Likes rjk_cmh liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sounds like your paying for one more thing to break. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    First; I don't pay for anything - the customer does.

And Nope; I am making the same Percentage of profit on a job which They will be paying twice as much for. <g>

Oh; and I am substantially in the service business - so I prefer when lots of things break. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Sounds like your paying for one more thing to break. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHM
    --------

7. Likes Chuck liked this post
    Post Likes
    Do you work with this equipment much? I sure would like to talk with someone who does. <g>

My condensing unit selection is an SM024 (N-HX) condensing unit with a horizontal-left-return AH. But . . . . according to the Bosch catalog there are SIX matching AH's - including a 35K unit. Zupwidat? <g>

Do you know what the differences are between the SM air handlers and the DX air handlers?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Do you work with this equipment much? I sure would like to talk with someone who does. <g>

My condensing unit selection is an SM024 (N-HX) condensing unit with a horizontal-left-return AH. But . . . . according to the Bosch catalog there are SIX matching AH's - including a 35K unit. Zupwidat? <g>

Do you know what the differences are between the SM air handlers and the DX air handlers?

PHM
    -------
    Sorry, I don't work with them at all - I sure hope someone comes along that has actual experience with them and posts in this thread.

According to my review of the datasheets, the DX model is a standard-style 4-way multipoise AH, fan on bottom, A-coil on top, like any other manufacturer. The SM AH is more of a traditional Geo-style box with a slab coil and a side return and a top supply. As far as I can tell, the SM AH is only a water coil, and the DX AH is a DX coil. However, I could be wrong about this.