Thread: Fujitsu Mini Splits - Leaking at 2-3 years :-(

Post Likes

Fujitsu Mini Splits - Leaking at 2-3 years :-(

I've got a few Fujitsu mini Splits in small cabins that I own. I have been super happy with them for the past 24-30 months. However, in the last 7 months my HVAC guy has had to shoot gas into the unit twice. He is not having great luck tracking down the leak. The only hit he is getting is up at the wall mounted head piece on the right hand side. Right where the joints are for the coil.

The bad part is we now have another unit low on gas and giving leak detection hits in the same area!

He had I both have sprayed cal-blue and tried to find the actual leak but with no luck.

Anyone else having similar results with these units? I don't have the actual model #'s off the top of my head, but these are the -15 units.

BTW - These units are out in the middle of the Shawnee National Forest in the least populated county in Illinois. There are only about 4K people here in the entire county and 3 of them are hvac guys. I actually have my EPA card and took a few classes more out of necessity of where we live.

Post Likes
    A qualified tech will be able to isolate where the leak is. At 3-4 years there still under warranty!

Post Likes
    As said above, warranty on parts should still be in effect.
    Doug

Post Likes
    yeah, warranty. Get a new head
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    same place mitsubishi’s leak.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    yeah, warranty. Get a new head
    Ive changed out a few of those warranty coils. Complete nightmare.

I'd have to check my pricing, but we may actually charge less to throw a new head on than a coil.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

7. Likes HVAC_Marc, Jettinvr6sc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    catmanacman & Hvacvegas, Thats excatly what we were wondering.

I think he's pretty confident of where the leak is, but living where we do (very rural) he'll be the first to tell you he does not have a bunch of experience with these types units. He and I both were\are more concerned that these are quality units and to have this type of problem within 2.5 years causes one to question the diagnosis. He and I both know the supply house guys (again very small community) and I have a feeling they are going to be a little concerned too.

Thanks for the help on this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in