Thread: Why?

Post Likes

Why?

7 Ton trane split HP.

Double check valve?

Only thing I can think of was that they didn’t want to have to build A larger single one, and so just pulled two small ones off the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samgevas View Post

7 Ton trane split HP.

Double check valve?

Only thing I can think of was that they didn’t want to have to build A larger single one, and so just pulled two small ones off the shelf.

Probably pressure drop

Post Likes
    It looks to me like Trane makes their own check valves like these. The smaller size likely satisfies the majority of their production needs and it's probably more economical to parallel two of them for larger tonnages than to produce and stock a bigger valve for the larger units with lower sales volumes.

They could also be buying thousands of the smaller ones at a great price, whereas a couple hunderd larger ones may cost way more than twice as much.

4. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    It looks to me like Trane makes their own check valves like these. The smaller size likely satisfies the majority of their production needs and it's probably more economical to parallel two of them for larger tonnages than to produce and stock a bigger valve for the larger units with lower sales volumes.

They could also be buying thousands of the smaller ones at a great price, whereas a couple hunderd larger ones may cost way more than twice as much.

brilliant ! never cease to impress .... like a never ending waterfall of knowledge ....

Post Likes
    Am I wrong, or does that "conflaberartion" appear to be newer than the rest of the piping in that unit?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Am I wrong, or does that "conflaberartion" appear to be newer than the rest of the piping in that unit?
    I was thinking the same. My first thought was mufflers we’re there then removed but after looking at the piping that would not make much sense either.

8. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Wow!

But the pipe I'm talking about still looks New.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)