Post Likes

Last option replace the entire unit ?

Hey all. 2 year old cooling unit. Variable compressor EcoTemp. Contractor replaced both boards 3 times. Compressor once. Last try today was the fan motor. Not many parts left to try. Lol.

Am I crazy or trying the same things over and over again is the definition of insane. I am at a loss as to what I want to say and keep the conversation professional after 2 months now without air. Do I have any options. Can I insist on complete replacement of the unit ?

Post Likes
    it's 2 years old. obviously under warranty. what's the issue?
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Originally stated power surge/lightning strike ? Blown bottom board. Replaced. No power to upper board. Replaced. No power to either board. Replaced both. No power again - blown board or sent bad replacement. Replaced both and compressor. No power to upper board. Replaced.

Today replaced both boards and fan motor. No luck. LEDs do not light on bottom board so cant tell about top board yet. No lights in error code window.

Have clean power in as tested by power company. I had them install a surge protector to take the surge issue off the table. I know it only opens at 150 per leg but its something.

Imagine it is hard to troubleshoot with no power going through the boards. Everyone is at a loss. Tomorrow is the next TS session with tech support. Hoping

Post Likes
    Power goes about half way through the bottom board but no further. 2 Small Black transformers? Get vey hot. No pic yet till I post more. Their electrician came out last week and got a good Arc flash just next to that. Board was definitely fried at that point

Post Likes
    Either there's a bad run of boards or a power/wiring issue.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Thanks Marc. Ive had Fpl do a quality test. Monitored incoming for a week. Master electrician change the disconnect at the unit and breaker in panel. Check for anything fishy.

Contractors electrician came out last week to check for fish as well and nothing. So bad board run is where I am I suppose. So how many boards or how much time can go by before I start getting steamed or am I at the mercy of the powers that be ? Started this on the 20th of March

Post Likes
    Could be days, weeks...months... depends on when they catch it and how many boards they all go through.

Post Likes
    Wonderful. Thanks. So far warrantee has been good about sending parts. Even if they are weeks apart. Im sure they wont be so happy much longer at $1500 per board

Post Likes
    who bought this unit? you or the contractor? online?

Post Likes
    I purchased this from the same contractor who is doing the warranty service now. He bought it from his local distributor. Nothing online

Post Likes
    then they should keep sending him parts until they fix it. or give him options to remove/replace it at no cost to you. hopefully they are covering his costs, too.