Post Likes

AmeriStar AC units

Anyone services or worked on AmeriStar ? One of the guys I subcontract to loves these units. Claims they are the best. I typically use American Standard or Carrier. Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Not a lot of them kicking around here. They are quiet, don't know how they hold up but don't hear much negative about them. I'd rather put Americans to work than Chinese. Our supplier gives us a good price on the Silver 13 so not a whole lot of reason to sell the cheapo.

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    They are Trane's builders grade models . Made in China . They are 14 seer only , copper coils and LG compressors not bad units.
    They are sold when price is the main issue.
    I miss you mom and dad.

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I feel you. I love American Standard. 14 silver. I'm skeptical with anything that has LG in it. Terrible stuff when it comes to domestic refrigerators. I'd rather stick to American Standard.

Post Likes
    Concern yourself more with the installing contractor then the name on the box!

Post Likes
    We worked before many times. His guys are beastly. Long time installer. It’s just he he likes to use ameristar and I like to sell American standard because our warranty is 10 years parts and labor.

Post Likes
    There's a few sizes of Silver 13 units with LG compressors!

Post Likes
    No shit..... I checked and my upstairs 13 is made in korea, but the 14 that I just installed w my dad is Alliance. Never knew LG was in AS.

Post Likes
    Funny thing is, Silver 13 2.5 ton I put next door, looked at the comp. Usually they do say Alliance but this one said Trane. Hmmm, parts program said LG.

Haven't seen anything but a few 13 sizes with LG, 14 and up single and 2 stage are Alliance.

Post Likes
    Yeah good catch. I never imagined LG on the scene with these compressors. I was just at furgeson and they had them on display for sale. They are trane dealer. Made in Korea. Meh. I’d rather have Copeland or Alliance.

Post Likes
    Who knows where a Copeland is made. Many come from "over there". We changed our first LG in an Allied unit today. Lennox uses a lot of LG including their high end inverter units.

Post Likes
    They look similar. As long as the install is smooth, then it's all good.

Post Likes
    Eh, they are ok. Made in China though, and I prefer when they are made in America. The furnaces are Trane design, because the company that owns amaristar, Ingersoll Rand owns Trane Too