Post Likes

Hoshizaki Unknown KM

Probably a stupid question, but what would cause a KM to go into 3 beep error immediately after reseting it? I reset it, a couple seconds later the incoming water turns on, a couple seconds later the compressor comes on, and a couple seconds later it goes into error. Thanks

Post Likes
    I would be seriously looking into a new control board, I have been dealing with a 3 beep error on a KM for the last couple days. 3 beep error is freeze cycle not terminating by itself and terminating by preset timer for 2 consecutive cycles. Given that your machine doesn't even start a freeze cycle that would be my first place to look. Hoshizaki manuals are fairly easy to get

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ggimenez View Post
    I would be seriously looking into a new control board, I have been dealing with a 3 beep error on a KM for the last couple days. 3 beep error is freeze cycle not terminating by itself and terminating by preset timer for 2 consecutive cycles. Given that your machine doesn't even start a freeze cycle that would be my first place to look. Hoshizaki manuals are fairly easy to get
    I agree with GG (control board). To elaborate, the board will force a harvest when it hits the predetermined limit of one hour of freeze time. The three beep safety lockout is two of these cycles consecutively. You should definitely call Hoshi tech support and get their opinion. Coincidentally, not very far from you.

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    FYI changing the board did fix the problem. It didn't have any burn marks or signs of issue, which is why I was hesitant to change it when I wasn't 100% sure.

7. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    FYI changing the board did fix the problem. It didn't have any burn marks or signs of issue, which is why I was hesitant to change it when I wasn't 100% sure.
    Was the board warped Davida?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Was the board warped Davida?
    No, not at all, literally no visual signs of damage. The machine is old as dirt, but the board was only about 3 years old.

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Might be a used board imho

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post