Post Likes

unloading of 6D compressor

Copeland 30 hp 6D compressor not unloading correctly . this is a Vogt ice machine, become a very trouble some system of late. when the machine goes in to harvest , 2 banks of pistons unload , dropping capacity by 66%, Found out 1 of the unloading valves is not working , the coil is energizing but not unloading , ( also checked with a magnet on the valve stem) so question is any one have an idea of problems this may be causing , I suspect it may responsible for pumping more oil out of compressor ,

Post Likes
    replacing unloading valve to morrow , interesting to see what differences I get , pressure , amps , and most important , can I bring oil back that is in the evaporator .

Post Likes
    If the charge is correct and everything is working properly , the oil should return. If the level is danger low , oil may need to be added than removed. I know it seems like a waste , but if compressor fails the process will be necessary anyway .