Post Likes

Blast Chiller, is it considered a low pressure (EPA Type III)?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering about this, is a blast chiller considered a low pressure unit or a high pressure unit?

I have one that seems to run at about 4 PSI suction and 200 something on the liquid side, would that be considered low pressure then? Per EPA? I guess I could look up the refrigerant and check the pressures but not totally confident in that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering about this, is a blast chiller considered a low pressure unit or a high pressure unit?

I have one that seems to run at about 4 PSI suction and 200 something on the liquid side, would that be considered low pressure then? Per EPA? I guess I could look up the refrigerant and check the pressures but not totally confident in that.
    It's definitely not a low pressure Type III appliance:

Low-Pressure Appliance - (definition unchanged by the EPA's March 12, 2004 rule change) An appliance that uses a refrigerant with a liquid phase saturation pressure below 45 psia at 104F. Evacuation requirements for the low-pressure category apply to these appliances. This definition includes but is not limited to appliances using R-11, R-113, and R-123.

https://www.epatest.com/faq/608/#G3

Post Likes
    Hey Guys,

No its not. Whos going to know what your working on anyway?

4. Likes crazzycajun liked this post
    Post Likes
    Okay cool, just wanted to check.

Its more for myself personally, I don't think we've ever had EPA or an inspector come through here.

Post Likes
    Okay cool, just wanted to check.

Its more for myself personally, I don't think we've ever had EPA or an inspector come through here.
    And I’ll bet you $100 10 to 1 you’ll never see one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    And I’ll bet you $100 10 to 1 you’ll never see one.
    Haha, I'll pass on the bet but I do believe you.