Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Two companies in the US providing Room Automation are Distech and LOYTEC with more coming. Both IP solutions. LOYTEC has been doing IP controllers much longer than Distech, and Distech is now doing it with a product line called Eclypse. Maybe you are aware of it? They are trying to spin it as a "connected system controller" instead of Automation Servers or Room controllers.

Possibly you aren't authorized for Eclypse?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsPAC View Post
    My interpretation of integration is taking a 3rd party device and being able to bring it into your platform such as tridium and able to read points override outputs. Now the Alexa into Tridium is what i consider integration which is writing a little bit of code java, html5, Css. Now what would you consider an integration to consist of. I'm green but trying to steer in the right direction. I'm like a sponge trying to absorb everything worth some kind of value in our industry.
    Integration involves the control scheme, not just the communication. If you have a space or area working together, where the multi-sensor in the ceiling works with the sun blinds, the HVAC and the security now you have some integration and not islands of subsystems with middleware boxes proxying data and providing extra failure points. There is at least one system smart enough to even allow reconfiguration of the space at runtime without reprogramming hardware manually. That's a lot of integration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterDuck View Post
    Two companies in the US providing Room Automation are Distech and LOYTEC with more coming. Both IP solutions. LOYTEC has been doing IP controllers much longer than Distech, and Distech is now doing it with a product line called Eclypse. Maybe you are aware of it? They are trying to spin it as a "connected system controller" instead of Automation Servers or Room controllers.

Possibly you aren't authorized for Eclypse?
    I'm not going to hijack this thread any longer with comments about this.., and "authorized"..? C'mon man... really?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    I'm not going to hijack this thread any longer with comments about this.., and "authorized"..? C'mon man... really?
    Apparently you don't understand the product line. Here is their link. http://www.distech-controls.com/~/me...ipgraphic.ashx
    Note the Room Controller functionality?

I'm not here playing games. Room Automation is leading technology. There is no hijack. There is just a guy who doesn't quite realize what one of the companies he represents actually sells.

Post Likes
    Apparently you don't understand the product line. Here is their link. http://www.distech-controls.com/~/me...ipgraphic.ashx
    Note the Room Controller functionality?

I'm not here playing games. Room Automation is leading technology. There is no hijack. There is just a guy who doesn't quite realize what one of the companies he represents actually sells.
    I know exactly what they sell...

I also know what customers actually buy and what engineers actually specify. There is a big difference between what is and what could or will be, and that is what we call "reality" in a for profit environment.

Post Likes
    Wouldn't it be true to say you know what sells in your market?

My market is significantly larger. I have engineers and specifying room automation right now in major markets. Distech is getting even more I'm sure. Delta controls announced a room controller. Siemens did. I'm aware of a major HVAC equipment manufacturer preparing it.

It would be nicer you specify your reality and not assume what others do, or what happens in the entire US, North and South America, or the world. Safe to say, I cover more area than you and have the privilege to experience many things.

In the past nobody asked me for IP controllers. Now, nobody is asking for MSTP. In the past, nobody asked for embedded web servers. Now it's standard. Now, you don't see Room Automation, but it's arrived.

Post Likes
    Wouldn't it be true to say you know what sells in your market?

My market is significantly larger. I have engineers and specifying room automation right now in major markets. Distech is getting even more I'm sure. Delta controls announced a room controller. Siemens did. I'm aware of a major HVAC equipment manufacturer preparing it.

It would be nicer you specify your reality and not assume what others do, or what happens in the entire US, North and South America, or the world. Safe to say, I cover more area than you and have the privilege to experience many things.

In the past nobody asked me for IP controllers. Now, nobody is asking for MSTP. In the past, nobody asked for embedded web servers. Now it's standard. Now, you don't see Room Automation, but it's arrived.
    Did you get kicked off refrigeration-engineer..? Is that what this is..?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tridiumtech View Post
    ControlsPAC

I don't see your email address in your profile. I'd be happy to send you my 'ninja' guide on Tridium - the integration 'lord' - IMHO.

tridiumtech
    I would be interested in your ninja knowledge guide also. Forever grateful for increasing my knowledge

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I would also love to have a copy of your guide.

Post Likes
    Two companies in the US providing Room Automation are Distech and LOYTEC with more coming. Both IP solutions. LOYTEC has been doing IP controllers much longer than Distech, and Distech is now doing it with a product line called Eclypse.
    Delta, LOYTEC's partner company has a room controller as well. They were the first company to provide a 100% IP solution down to the VAV/zone level years before any of their competition. POE years before the rest as well. From my perspective Delta Electronics (Taiwan) purchased LOYTEC (Austria) for their share of the European market and Delta Controls (Canada) for their share of the North American (Canada and the US) market.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Room controller, special. Does it has IoT edge powered AI stickers on it as well?

Delta got something with that purchase alright.

Acuity & Distech seems like a great match. Seeing alot of acuity lighting is geared for big box retail, surely they had to widen their horizons. Amazon has retail in a strangle hold looking to kill. Not exactly a growth market in my book.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

12. Likes tgwolf liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeckham View Post
    Did you get kicked off refrigeration-engineer..? Is that what this is..?
    I'm starting to think you may be from NW Indiana myself.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Room controller, special. Does it has IoT edge powered AI stickers on it as well?

Delta got something with that purchase alright.

Acuity & Distech seems like a great match. Seeing alot of acuity lighting is geared for big box retail, surely they had to widen their horizons. Amazon has retail in a strangle hold looking to kill. Not exactly a growth market in my book.
    the IoT thing is more overused than the sales term "native BACnet".

I don't get the big box push either.

But the Room automation makes sense in modern offices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast