Post Likes

Testo Smart Probes- am I missing something?

Hey fellas. I recently watched Jim Bergmann’s video on how to connect the probes to the measure quick app. It’s very powerful and exciting to see what the app can do.

The example in the video uses a window shaker to show all the things the app can do. I like it a lot!

I have the Smart Probes and love them.. But then it dawned on me... how can we actually do this in the field? Or can we? As anyone who has them knows the range on the probes is very poor. If you walk a short distance from them they will lose connection with the phone.

So how can we actually see/use all that data in a residential application on a split system and see the pressure, temperature and hygrometers at the same time as shown in the example? Or can we?

Or is doing so limited to package and commercial units?
    Regards,
    Ron

Post Likes
    You capture the independent readings while you’re using the particular probe in that location, then capture the other information with the other probes and then the app puts it all together, but not in real time like the iConnect can do.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    You capture the independent readings while you’re using the particular probe in that location, then capture the other information with the other probes and then the app puts it all together, but not in real time like the iConnect can do.
    Oh ok. So is it fair to say you could make a round and update all the values towards completion and get a fairly accurate view of all the parameters?
    Regards,
    Ron