+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WATER FLOW ISSUES ON TRANE RTAC WATER COOLED CHILLER

Post Likes

Question WATER FLOW ISSUES ON TRANE RTAC WATER COOLED CHILLER

A air cooled Helical Rotary liquid chiller (model RTAC 1500kw), the Chiller is not running because there is an Evaporator water Flow Status alarm issues showing ( NO FLOW) but the Flow Switch contact is closed and the pump is pumping water.. The issues here is that whenever the pump start pumping water the flow switch contact closes to alert the Chiller control module then the chiller start running but the chiller does not run,
    what could have been the issues? where in the control module is the flow switch sending signal to? is it possible the flow switch signal is not getting to the relay on the control module ?

I need help on this issues......below is a log message

Chiller 1 Chiller 2
    Evaporator water flow status FLOW NO FLOW
    Evaporator water pump request ON ON

In the chiller setup, two pumps must work before the chiller starts, the issue is on chiller 2 ( NO FLOW) where there is a flow

Post Likes
    I see your profile says you are a tech. Ask the owner if they have a Installation and Operations Manual, they should have been given one with the machine. It provides some troubleshooting guidelines. Does you machine use a digital controller (probably Yes), It is possible the sensor has gone bad. One I had Mr. B. Rabbit chewed through a flow switch sensor cable routed about 2 inches off the ground. There was really nothing wrong other than an open communication wire. Once it was replaced it worked OK again It is also possible you have flow but not enough flow to clear the logic. Unless you have some experience troubleshooting these machine it's well worth giving the local Trane service tech a call for some help as he will have the correct diagnostic software for the machine and to replace the sensor if the sensor really is bad or determine if flow is low.

In this Open Forum that's about all I can offer

Post Likes
    Thanks for your reply

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph4blues View Post
    A air cooled Helical Rotary liquid chiller (model RTAC 1500kw), the Chiller is not running because there is an Evaporator water Flow Status alarm issues showing ( NO FLOW) but the Flow Switch contact is closed and the pump is pumping water.. The issues here is that whenever the pump start pumping water the flow switch contact closes to alert the Chiller control module then the chiller start running but the chiller does not run,
    what could have been the issues? where in the control module is the flow switch sending signal to? is it possible the flow switch signal is not getting to the relay on the control module ?

I need help on this issues......below is a log message

Chiller 1 Chiller 2
    Evaporator water flow status FLOW NO FLOW
    Evaporator water pump request ON ON

In the chiller setup, two pumps must work before the chiller starts, the issue is on chiller 2 ( NO FLOW) where there is a flow
    What did you end up figuring out?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in