Post Likes

Carrier i-Vu Message "Ethernet Cable Not Connected"

Before call in the pros I thought I'd crowdsource a solution first. We have a Carrier system and we're using an old version of the i-Vu (it's at least 10 years old and came with the building). It's been working fine until the other day when we weren't able to connect to the i-vu to change the heating/cooling schedule. The lights on the network port aren't lighting up. I've turned the i-vu off then back on, checked the network cable, checked the switch it's connected to and everything is working fine except for the network port. I tried using a USB to ethernet adapter and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

Post Likes
    sounds like the network port has a problem. even a bad cable should cause it to see something and cause it to light something.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    That’s my thought as well. Does that mean the unit has to be replaced?

Post Likes
    Im not an expert on that equipment. But, if the network port is integrated I would think the entire unit has to be replaced. If it's a card or an option part that plugs in, you may get lucky and only have to replace that.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."