Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes

    Trane EXV tech view

    I'm currently working on a series R chiller I had a bad TXV take out a lot of my binded sensors I got back my sensors but exv failed. I believe I have downloaded the correct Tech View off of trains website. The exv is different the old type is the black Global wire and Sporlan valve. There's been a change now Sporlan with a yellow wire module. When I try to bind I get a message exv not selected. Does the tech view select the right one? Or is there a drop-down menu or driver I need to install?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    4,755
    Post Likes

    Trane EXV tech view

    Quote Originally Posted by Roybow View Post
    I'm currently working on a series R chiller I had a bad TXV take out a lot of my binded sensors I got back my sensors but exv failed. I believe I have downloaded the correct Tech View off of trains website. The exv is different the old type is the black Global wire and Sporlan valve. There's been a change now Sporlan with a yellow wire module. When I try to bind I get a message exv not selected. Does the tech view select the right one? Or is there a drop-down menu or driver I need to install?
    Not certain. Did you have to use a magnet to rebind the sensors, or did they come back on there own?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Not certain. Did you have to use a magnet to rebind the sensors, or did they come back on there own?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No used magnet

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    363
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Roybow View Post
    No used magnet

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
    That’s your problem have binded using tech view before
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

    I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Yes I have I rebound other sensors without a problem and talking to other technicians that have dealt with this problem recently they informed me that I have to download the proper software to the chiller the version I'm running is not high enough and the chiller doesn't recognize the new exv I'm in the process of downloading the updates I'll let you guys know how I make out thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    That’s your problem have binded using tech view before
    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    363
    Post Likes
    Sorry it sounded like you were trying it without the magnet. With only 3 posts it’s hard to know your skill level. Make sure you get your posts up and apply for pro good luck
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

    I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Sorry it sounded like you were trying it without the magnet. With only 3 posts it’s hard to know your skill level. Make sure you get your posts up and apply for pro good luck
    Oh not at all I appreciate any help I always say the day you realize how much you don't know is a day you truly learn something. Thanks again still working on it got the EXV to bind updated the software then went under configuration of the exv then I hope I chose the right one from the pamphlet look for the Smoke on the horizon here goes nothing

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

  8. Likes crazzycajun liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Hot South
    Posts
    1,859
    Post Likes
    First, you need to upgrade the software in the chiller to the current software. Since you have the new style EXV, you then need to go into configuration and change the EXV to the new style. Then bind the EXV with the magnet. Then you’ll be good to go.

    If you need anymore help than that, get your post count up, apply for pro membership, then run a search on this. It’s been discussed many times in the closed forums.
    The 2nd most important amendment is to protect the 1st...

  10. Likes Roybow liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    First, you need to upgrade the software in the chiller to the current software. Since you have the new style EXV, you then need to go into configuration and change the EXV to the new style. Then bind the EXV with the magnet. Then you’ll be good to go.

    If you need anymore help than that, get your post count up, apply for pro membership, then run a search on this. It’s been discussed many times in the closed forums.
    Thanks my first post been in the trade 27years ,I did what you said a few hours before your post it worked great thanks. I am still learning how to find my way around site thanks again

    Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

  12. Likes crazzycajun liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.