Post Likes

Square D Safety Switch Recall

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Remedy:
    Consumers should immediately inspect installed safety switches by moving the handle to the “OFF” position. If the power stays on when the handle is in the “OFF” position, contact Schneider Electric for a free replacement safety switch and free service support to install the replacement switch. If the safety switch is not installed and included in the recall, contact Schneider Electric for a free replacement safety switch. Instructions on how to inspect the switch can be found at www.schneider-electric.us/gdss-safetyalert.

The quote above was copied and pasted from the recall notice. So, if I'm reading this correctly:
    - if the unit is in use, included in the recall and you turn it off and it fails to disconnect power, they will replace it.
    -if the unit is not installed, but included in the recall, they will replace it.

However, if the unit is installed, included in the recall and disconnects power when you turn it off, they are not replacing it?
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    I just saw half a dozen of these installed a few days ago, I will have to check the date codes on them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    Remedy:
    Consumers should immediately inspect installed safety switches by moving the handle to the “OFF” position. If the power stays on when the handle is in the “OFF” position, contact Schneider Electric for a free replacement safety switch and free service support to install the replacement switch. If the safety switch is not installed and included in the recall, contact Schneider Electric for a free replacement safety switch. Instructions on how to inspect the switch can be found at www.schneider-electric.us/gdss-safetyalert.

The quote above was copied and pasted from the recall notice. So, if I'm reading this correctly:
    - if the unit is in use, included in the recall and you turn it off and it fails to disconnect power, they will replace it.
    -if the unit is not installed, but included in the recall, they will replace it.

However, if the unit is installed, included in the recall and disconnects power when you turn it off, they are not replacing it?
    That's how I read it, too. It's easy enough to say "broken" though.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Glennac - Failed my biology test today: They asked, "What is commonly found in cells?" Apparently "BL*** people" wasn't the correct answer.
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Just another reason to Check to see if the Power is off at the Equipment, instead of Taking it for granted.

But it's, Good to see Schneider doing this Voluntarily, ... Unlike our Representatives in Washington D.C.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

6. Likes ga-hvac-tech, HVAC_Marc liked this post