Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    No one saw the demand water heater venting into this space? This is criminal, especially if those two metal tubes are connected in any way to the conditioned (living) space!

This is one that you tell the owner he either needs to spend a lot of dough, or you walk (run?) away, unharmed and free of suits...

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I work alot actualy but around my area alot of the stuff that in your area or the posters area would not pass and does not pass again we have some of the toughfest codes on the books and our inspectors enforce them to the T.
    I have walked away from VERY few jobs in my area becuse they dont look like the crap in the pictures

Post Likes
    did you not see my post about NOTHING in that utility room was installed to code and no inspection was done

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    I work alot actualy but around my area alot of the stuff that in your area or the posters area would not pass and does not pass again we have some of the toughfest codes on the books and our inspectors enforce them to the T.
    I have walked away from VERY few jobs in my area becuse they dont look like the crap in the pictures
    Tough huh? Yet you're allowed to place disconnects in an inaccessible location?

The 2nd is there to protect the 1st. DTOM

6. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    No one saw the demand water heater venting into this space? This is criminal, especially if those two metal tubes are connected in any way to the conditioned (living) space!

This is one that you tell the owner he either needs to spend a lot of dough, or you walk (run?) away, unharmed and free of suits...

Juan, You are correct!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    I have seen condensers in attics before, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Post Likes
    I did get this job. Wont end up on the wall of pride section as there really is very little way to fix this mess and achieve comfort.

Ill make a video of what we are planning to do and why we are doing it that way.

we are starting with a 3 1/2 mitsubishi hyper heat running only two zones and building from there. will be another couple zones added to that unit later and then a second 4 zone 3 ton hyper heat for other parts of the home.

Ill make it very comfortable but cosmetically not as pleasing as I would like. currently they are miserable with their existing ducted system.

10. Likes Thassel8, ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    I did get this job. Wont end up on the wall of pride section as there really is very little way to fix this mess and achieve comfort.

Ill make a video of what we are planning to do and why we are doing it that way.

we are starting with a 3 1/2 mitsubishi hyper heat running only two zones and building from there. will be another couple zones added to that unit later and then a second 4 zone 3 ton hyper heat for other parts of the home.

Ill make it very comfortable but cosmetically not as pleasing as I would like. currently they are miserable with their existing ducted system.
    I would like to see the finished product, it is hard to convince people that ductless minis are the way to go, we do a lot of zone systems where mini splits would be a better fit.

12. Likes jacob-k liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassel8 View Post
    I would like to see the finished product, it is hard to convince people that ductless minis are the way to go, we do a lot of zone systems where mini splits would be a better fit.
    im 99% ductless

Post Likes
    But this house is like no other ive put ductless in. itll be very hard to make this job pretty on the outside. inside no problem

15. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    They also have what looks like and old outdoor gas tankless hot water heater on the wall there...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12