Post Likes

Best water jug, I'm tired of plastic crap made in China!

I've gone through 3 different water jugs. Even though they claim BPA free etc etc.. The taste of plastic in my water by end of day is horrible.

So, I'm thinking stainless, or glass. Well, now there's all kinds of cheap junk coming out of CHINA now-a-days, so what do you do.

Back in the day you bought a Thermos brand, and you were good for 10 years. Now, they're junk made in China with garbage grade stainless steel.

I want something large so I'm looking at a 64oz growler. Has anyone use a good brand that will not make water taste horrible, is not lined with some unspecified plastic material, is not going to rust out in a year, and will keep my water at least cool?

Looking at Hydro Flask 64oz. https://www.hydroflask.com/64-oz-gro...hite,a,92,o,55
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    I just re-fill a couple of those 1.5 L plastic disposable bottles from my RO filter at home.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I've gone through 3 different water jugs. Even though they claim BPA free etc etc.. The taste of plastic in my water by end of day is horrible.

So, I'm thinking stainless, or glass. Well, now there's all kinds of cheap junk coming out of CHINA now-a-days, so what do you do.

Back in the day you bought a Thermos brand, and you were good for 10 years. Now, they're junk made in China with garbage grade stainless steel.

I want something large so I'm looking at a 64oz growler. Has anyone use a good brand that will not make water taste horrible, is not lined with some unspecified plastic material, is not going to rust out in a year, and will keep my water at least cool?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

3. Likes mgenius33 liked this post
    Post Likes
    This is only 18 oz but made in the USA with copper and stainless steel:

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/timeless-copper-thermos
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

5. Likes mgenius33 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    This is only 18 oz but made in the USA with copper and stainless steel:

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/timeless-copper-thermos
    $500 is a steal for that hand crafted masterpiece of a cup. You could easily snub your nose at the Yeti and Bubba cup users...

7. Likes mgenius33, HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    For taste, get a ceramic lined jug. Ceramic doesn’t hold flavors and doesn’t stain like “stainless” steel.
    Worry is a really gross misuse of one's imagination. -- PHM

Post Likes
    As impatient as I am, I found a Wild River Outfitter store that was open today and selling them for 20% off. So, I picked up a Hydro Flask 64oz for me and a 40oz straw capped one for my wife. Yep, it's made in China as well, but what can you do???

We also have a 6 stage Reverse Osmosis System under the sink. The 6th stage adds back magnesium and salt I think.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 04-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    I'm thinkin' you should switch to whiskey. Pretty sure there are nutrients there, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    As impatient as I am, I found a Wild River Outfitter store that was open today and selling them for 20% off. So, I picked up a Hydro Flask 64oz for me and a 40oz straw capped one for my wife. Yep, it's made in China as well, but what can you do???

We also have a 6 stage Reverse Osmosis System under the sink. The 6th stage adds back magnesium and salt I think.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

11. Likes mgenius33 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    $500 is a steal for that hand crafted masterpiece of a cup. You could easily snub your nose at the Yeti and Bubba cup users...
    Yeah, i left out that little tidbit...
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."